Tuesday 20 April 2010

Stay in Tuesday..

Not a lot happening today, we stayed in and did things. I did the top of the cooker, VT cleaned the windows, did the ironing, rang up to order some more peat and about the washing machine. All in all a reallybits and pieces day. I stepped out to do the brasses and it was really cold,very deceptive since the sun is shining and it looks nice out of the window.

This is my Buddah in the sunshine, with the little acer tree that VT rescued from a garden centre. it was on sale because it looked awful, but he has given it a lot of tlc and it is in full leaf now. My buddah I was given when I finished work ten years ago, it always looks lovely like he is smiling, whatever the weather, when you look out of the window hthere he is smiling. I keep rubbing him, hoping for a big lottery win but no luck so far.
VT is in the garden at the moment, with his sun cap on and he is trying to get the pots straight. The garden actually is looking quite good at the moment, with some of the shrubs flowering and the leaves just coming up.

The cats like it anyway. Talking about cats,what a night. VT said they were doing the cat olympics last night..up and down all over the bed Bobby was terrible, all over my head, and I was half asleep, trying to get her off. Whisker torture against my cheek, and purring in my ear, she then decides to go down to the bottom of the bed and plonks herself down on my feet so I can't move a muscle. I shall sleep well tonight.
Last night we watched a very good programme called Blitz Street. it was presented by Tony robinson who I can't stand, but it was very well done. They had built a complete sstreet of pre war terraced houses, set up to be exactly like the pre war ones. Some furnished and they even had one done like a shop. Then they rigged up bombs to be the same as the affect of the bombs in the second war. Devastating damage,windows blown out curtains hanging in shreds, everything damaged or destroyed. Funny thing was there was a pint of milk outside one of the houses, and that remained intact, even after two mega bombs. Really interesting programme, one of three I think.
VT has just made me jump, banging at the window with a glove attached to a long pole he has been cleaning the windows with. He's funny him..always makes me laugh.
Tonight we are having:
Toad in the hole with quorn sausages,
Mushroom gravy,
Squashed potatoes 8oz
carrots and beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.