Monday 2 August 2010

Man At Work...

Definitely work in progress. VT got going early this morning, and started on the ceiling. He had bought a roller from B&Ms for only £1.99! and he said that worked well. He put masking tape all round where the ceiling meets the brickwork..very proficient. The ceiling looks fantastic, so white. It only takes four hours to dry apparently so he did the varnish then. When we designed the extension, we had deciced on a brick finish, which is excellent, and then left the woodwork plain so it could be varnished. I was quite surprised at how little the paint smells these days. Even the varnish doesn't have a smell. I remember the paints of the old days that used to smell the house out for days and would knock you out.
After lunch he cleared the room out and moved the table into the kitchen area and wow..the space that was left was amazing! I was really astounded, it looks so much bigger without clutter. This is a terrible house for clutter really, but that is the way we are.
I did a pile of the bedding ironing this morning while he was working. Phone call from the Village Surgery this morning, to say they had a referral from the Urology clinic, and could I go in to discuss this tomorrow.. Gosh, once they get you, they necer leave you alone. I wonder what this one is about. VT said it is a "Naughty Step" appointment..I must be doing something wrong. He's so funny. He would love to go in to the appointments with me..he's so nosy. I let him in once to a Dietician one, and never heard the last of it. He started rationing my coffee and all sorts. The last clinic appointment I had at the Diabetic Clinic, the Doctor saw him waiting with me, and said "Do you want to come in?" I said "No" very quickly to that..He'd never leave me in peace.. plus i couldn't get away with the odd fib either..
Tonight we are having:
Escalope
Sliced sauteed potatoes,
Mixed vegetables with a sauce.Mushrooms.

No comments: