Thursday 12 August 2010

Up Really Early...

No! Far from it. We overslept this morning, didn't get up till quite late. i think the trouble was that we were both engrossed in our books last night, and didn't put the light off till twenty past one, which is late for us. Bobby was mooching around my head this morning too at some really ungodly hour, and I was only dozing after that. She tramps around my head, and purrs in my ear, and tickles my face with he whiskers. Wouldn't that make a good line for a song? I just haven't the heart to shove her off so put my arm around her and she settles down. But, i can't move then. No matter, she is a lovely cat.


I think this is a picture of Bobby...
VT has had another bout of home improvement this morning. He decided to repair the first step of our stairs, which has looked worn for a long time now. The rest of the stair carpet is fine actually, vut the bottom step spoiled the lok.
He has ripped up the old one, and fitted another piece, and I do have to say that he has made a fantastic job of it too, it looks like new again. he amazes me at the things he can turn his hand to. We did the kitchen floor and that was it today. We will go somewhere tomorrow.
Jane rang up before while I was in the bath, and she said they were having a terrific thunderstorm in Manchester. She held the phone to the window for VT to hear and he could clearly hear the thunder. Nothing like that here, it is blowy today, but not rainy or stormy.
Tonight we are having:
Spinach and Ricotta cheese slices,
Sliced and sauteed potatoes,
Green beans and carrots that are left.

No comments: