Friday 6 August 2010

Wet Outing...

Off we went over to Ormskirk this morning. Before we went I asked VT what the weather was like, he having been out for the paper already. Not bad says he, so I put my sandals on and my coat. Sitting in the car just before we set off I noticed a few spots of rain on the window, so he suggested he go in and get my shoes which he did. Fine rain on the way but not too bad. We both did our respective things in the town, VT was after shoe laces which proved to be a problem to get, and I went in my usual places. No fishless fingers in Holland and Barratt so annoyed about that. Never mind.
Went to our cafe for our mid morning coffee, and they have sprouted a huge television at one end of the room..it seems every time we go in there there is something about David Cameron..getting fed up wioth that. Today there was news about the floods in Pakistan..don't really want that while you are having a nice coffee.
Went to M&S (on my own) while VT chased up laces in the market. Started buying things and was joined a bit later by VT who had got some great laces. I was saying it was the sort of thing you missed from the old Woolies.
We crossed over the road to M&S and the Heavens opened..it absolutely poured down when we went back to the car. Didn't have an umbrella of course they were in the car. Got the rest of the weekend things in Morrisons, after mopping ourselves down, and it was getting late for some reason. Must admit I do liike Morrisons. No pretention like some of the other supermarkets, and good value.
Home quite late for lunch, and after the scanning and the packing away we were ready for that.
The xtension is back to normal now, and there is a lovely smell of new carpet when you come in the house. I love that smell.
VT has put the plates back for me. These are the Clarice Cliffe ones that I have had for ages now. Not real, but I like them.

Tonight we are having:
Cheese and onion tart,
A few chips,
Some spaghetti hoops for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.