Wednesday 12 October 2011

Eye..Eye..

Should have gone to Specsavers!! Well I did. Went to the one in Formby this morning to collect my new glasses. Two pairs nearly £200. Both pairs with bi-focals and one pair with the reactions lenses which go darker in the sunlight. Very pleased with them actually, they are a complete change from my last pair which I had got tired of anyway, and then when the Consultant at the eye clinic said I needed them changing that decided it. I got two pairs this time so I would have a spare set just in case. One pair is called Alana and the other Savannah ! I wonder just who sits down and thinks of names for glasses??
Nipped into the M&S to get some pasta sauce and we got the cats some more chicken. Their shopping costs more than ours!!
From there Vin went along to the Holland and Barratt to collect his free vitamins. Vitamin D today, Then we went to Dobbies for our free coffee for the month. Had a good look round there but didn't see anything that I wanted to get, but Vin bought a candle or two.
Last week I saw a lot of geese flying over the house. We are on their flight path, and you see them every year as the Autumn progresses. My Mum and Dad always used to say that they were a sign of bad weather coming, and lo and behold after all the warm unseasonable weather we have had along came the blustery winds and gales of the last week. Well today Vin went down to the Post Office and came back to say thathe had seen hundreds of them in the sky, going South West. So be warned..bad weather on the way alert!!I wonder what is in store? Funny some of the Old Wives Tales about weather that I have had from my parents..Cows lying down in a field means rain, the smell of the sea outside the front door means stormy weather, and the geese of course. Come to think of it, not many foreseeing good or sunny weather.

a>
Just put this in because I like pictures of pumpkins and it cheers up the blog a bit.
Tonight we are having:
pasta bake with mushrooms
Carrots
A bit of garlic bread.

No comments: