Tuesday 4 October 2011

If its Tuesday it must be...

ironing day..Mostly there is the bedding to get on with. While I did that, Vin sorted out the cupboard in the corner which is ubnder the kettle area. It is a large corner cupboard which we put all our dry goods. Surprising what you turn up actually. It was a good day to do it because it is our black bin day tomorrow. We found packets of CousCous, why on earth did I buy that? dated from 2009!! Loads of assorted packets of pasta, which is not needed these days because I use the gluten free pasta which is excellent. A number of Mexican meal kits which you think you will use but somehow never get round to it.Before he knew it there were a couple of carrier bags full. Good clear out in the end which has cleared up loads of space. Now let me see..what will we fill it up with???
Vin was sorting out the Medi Cash forms this afternoon, it's quite a good deal really, you get money off glasses,dental treatment and all sorts.I joined when I was in teaching and they were doing a promotion, and it is a terrific scheme. I am getting £80 off the cost of my glasses so that reduces them quite a bit. i will also get some off my hearing aids, and my dental work next week. it's been an excellent scheme to be in actually.
Gone quite blowy this afternoon, still can't get used to the new outlook from the back of our house with the very large conifers gone. Makes a huge difference, and will let a lot more light into our garden in the late afternoon.
We are stuck in the middle at the moment. Our new neighbours have gone off to Turkey for two weeks, and our neighbour the other way is off to Dubai tomorrow, to stay with her daughter who works out there. So, too is her next door neighbourwho is her "boyfriend" and they have adjoining houses.
As I am typing this the radio 2 is playing "Everybody's Talking" by Harry Nilsson..What a record and what a voice,One of my most favourite records second only to Without Her..that is my most favourite record in the world. The only trouble is that Steve Wright ALWAYS starts yapping before it finishes..drives me mad!!
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and Onion Flan
Potato Croquettes
Small tin of something tomatoey/pataish
Mushrooms sauteed.

No comments: