Monday 3 October 2011

Should Have Gone to Specsavers....

Well we did! We both had appointments this morning for eye tests. One at 11 O'Clock the other at 11>20 O'Clock. Vin went in forst while I had a browse around the shop at glasses. Oh My..what an array of different glasses to choose from. I wanted to get two pairs because I wanted a spare pair this time. The glasses I am wearing are my only ones, and that has always bothered me, so I knew they were doing different offers, like %25 off for over 60s, or buy one get one free. I had a good look round, some of the frames were plainly on the cheap side, and some I thought were over expensive..these were the designer ranges on the whole. i think often you are paying for the name, and they started at £125 before all the extras..bi-focals and reactions and so on. Settled on the £85 range which were good glasses, but then ..Which ones? While Vin was getting his eyes done I picked up a couple which turned out to be very similar. He came out and helped me then. You do need someone else when picking them because they can tell you which suit you better. He found a lovely pair actually that I had missed, with little sunbursts on the side of the frames, really nice. So i discarded one of the frames I had picked and got those instead. Measured and details taken and all done. One pair with bi-focals and reactions and the other with just bi-focals. My eyes had changed a bit according to the very nice chap who did the very thorough eye examination, so did the prescription and paid and went. Bac a week tomorrow to ge6t them. £199 for two pairs and then I get £80 back from Medi Cash so a good deal I thought.
Vin didn't see any he fancied..he was looking for something different he said but nothing caught his eye..HaHa.
Time getting on, we had been in there about an hour, so we went over the road to Waitrose where we had parked to get our weekly things. Very warm and sunny, although it has gone really blowy now. Treated Vin to a coffee in Waitrose which was about £5 !! a bit dearer than morrisons, but it was a nice coffee. Did our shopping then home in time for lunch.
Funny thing this morning..Little Rusty was having her usual piece of toast with my Dairylea light cheese spread and a scraping of Marmite on it, and she turned round to look out of the window with a start. We thought that there was a cat in the garden, but Vin noticed some large branches being lopped off from some horrible conifers way way over in one of the gardens at the back of our house. Nothing wrong with her eyesight then!!
Tonight we are having:
Lemon and black pepper escalope,
bread sauce and cranberry sauce,
baby baked potatoes
Baby mixed vegetables.

No comments: