Monday 15 February 2010

Half term Already..

Seems only the other day that the kids were going back after Christmas. there was the big freeze hold up though when a lot of schools were closed for quite a while. So half term has come round all to quickly!
Consequently the shops are so much busier, with Sainsbury's full of kids running round and being a nuisance to their grandparents, and other shoppers. We shall stop in for much of this week, and venture out next week when it is quieter!
We went out very quickly this morning to Crosby to get our veggies for the week. I do like to vary the supermarkets where we go to, and then you get a different mix of veggies. I usually buy the basics..a small bag of potatoes, carrots, mushrooms..then anything else that catches my eye.
Today I saw a nice little bag of cabbage and leek so got that. I can do a peppered beef Quorn style meal with yorkshires and mash or squashed potatoes. I also got a stir fry pack so will use that mid week for a meal with rice and quorn pieces. I don't set out to buy with a list really, it depends what there is in, or what catches the eye as I'm going round. We have a list in mind for the basics and things we run out of, otherwise it is a matter of choice. The meals do tend to come together though.
I was watching the programme with Gordon Brown being interviewed by Piers Morgan last night. VT was totally uninterested and kept going off to do other things, but I thought it was quite interesting. I have always had a soft spot for Gordon actually, and think he is much maligned.It was a good interview for him I think, made him look more human, especially when he was talking about the death of his first baby Jennifer Jane nine years ago.
Tonight we are having:
Escalope with goats cheese and cranberry,
Squashed potatoes,
Carrots and beans with mushrooms and a little sauce.

No comments: