Friday 5 February 2010

Outing for a Change..

We needed to get our weekend things so we went over to Ormskirk for a change. It is actually quite a while since we have been there, and a few changes obvious. First the old Woolies store is being refurbished as an Iceoland store, so that will make the centre a bit better. Our little cafe where we always go for a cup of coffee has been done over too..it now has tidier tables and a redone bar, and the coffee comes in big mugs instead of the smaller cups. Very good value if you want a big cup of coffee but it is a bit much for me. VT is quite happy though. No biscuits any more only KitKats.But that is fine.
I did a bit of shopping, got some stuff at Superdrug with my %10 off voucher, bits and bobs I had run out of. Also had a look in the Bon Marche shop. i really like that shop, always get something there. Saw a lovely top, a zipped front velvety jacket with a few sequins on that will be good when the weather gets better. It had been priced at £16, reduced to 13 reduced to 10 so I thought that was good value. Then when i got to the desk the girl said £8 please..oh say I , i thought it was 10, but I'm not moaning. I love a bargain! It's a really good shop actually, I always get something there and very good value.
We went to M&S because we wanted salads, in particular their egg and potato salad, but the sell by date was for today, and we wanted it for Sunday to go with the pizza. I've noticed that about M&S, their products have a very short shelf life. We got a few things and then went over to Morrisons to get the rest of our weekend things. They are really good for fruit and veg, got a big bunch of bananas for 80p, and some nice avocadoes. I love Morrisons, we really miss the one in Formby which became Waitrose, which is a very nice shop, but extremely expensive.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers,
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi.
Chips..our once a fortnight treat.
Tartare sauce.

No comments: