Monday 8 February 2010

What a Day!

Had an appointment at Walton this morning at the renal clinic., 11-30. Last night I looked for my appointment letter and couldn't find it. In fact I didn't remember getting a follow up letter to the appointment made over the phone. Didn't matter, we got there on time and at the reception desk the girl said we haven't got an appointment for you!!I showed her the letter with the date on it, and she said the only one we have for you is at 9O'clock on the 8th of March! This is the NHS call phone service cock up. Because I had been ill in November I hadn't noticed that I did not get the follow up letter until I looked for it last night. I always keep my hospital letters in a special folder so they don't get lost so I knew I didn't get one. The girl said the clinic is full, and we haven't got your case notes,so you will have to ring the call centre. Great!! Total waste of time, and a waste of parking fee too, and a waste of petrol. Poor VT.
The weekend was as normal, foggy on Saturday, and VT went out to get a few bits, said it was quite bad over in Maghull. The nights are drawing out quite a bit now though, and it isn't getting dark till around 5-15is and getting later. Very cold today though, and forecast for snow again.
Saturday night we had the Delia Madras Egg curry with a packet of rice, and accompaniments. Banana, tomato and red onion, poppadums and mango chutney. That is a lovely recipe we haven't had for a bit so we both enjoyed that a lot.
Sunday, much the same. Did our crosswords, but no Birthday Quiz in the Express magazine. I missed doing that.
Sunday night we had a Pizza made in the bread machine, and our tomato sauce. We used a veggie pepperoni and pineapple and a light Mozzarella. Salad to go with, and a potato salad and a spinach and pasta salad. The leftovers do for our lunch Monday.

After our disasterous trip to Walton we went to Sainsbury's, had a coffee , and the machine ran out of milk, so I had a decaff regular and sacxhets of milk. Opened one and it went...everywhere!!! Said it was one of those days.
Had a coupon for £1.50 off four Quorn products, and they had some reduced so a good offer there.
Tonight we are having:
Spinach and Ricotta tarts..reduced to 60p each
Tin of Spaghetti mostly for the sauce,
Sauteed little potatoes.
Will ring the call centre tomorrow to complain!!

No comments: