Thursday 11 February 2010

It must be Spring..

VT is doing some cleaning up. He has turfed out a load of redundant television aerials from a cupboard..come across two Family Circle magazines from 1985!! and a number of other items. I'm not even sure why the magazines were kept, or whether it is still being published. Must have a look next time I'm in the supermarket.
Stayed in today to do bits and pieces, it is still cold with a frost this morning but sunny. It's that which is waking us up in the mornings now, I think we need thicker curtains in the bedroom, the ones we have let the light in too much in the summer and get the cats going. They walk all over us and wake us up. Better than an alarm clock actually.
Bobby tends to jump very heavily on the bed then proceeds to crawl up around my head and purr in my ear. This is quite pleasant really, till she starts the picking and the whisker torture! She is good company though. Rusty is very much VT's cat, and follows him everywhere. She sits on him at night when he is trying to read his book, and he has the patience of a saint with her.
One thing I have noticed about the Internet, is its power. I started this blog about two years ago purely as a record of a healthy eating plan that me and VT were beginning. It was meant to be quite a private record of our lives and how we were getting on with the plan. It seems to me though that it is open to many linkings and has appeared on sites I knew nothing about till I come across it. Just recently it has cropped up on a site to do with Emmerdale..the soap..merely because I mentioned the word briefly in passing. Good grief! I shall have to start writing in code soon. If it of any interest, Emmerdale is one of the series we used to watch very regularly, but have fallen out with. Holby City is another..too much emphasis on inter relationships and "Suck facing" and too many celebrity "names" drafted in to boost the ratings. For me it doesn't work. Corrie though is different.. the characters are wonderful, and not too many young ones which tend to spoil a series.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta bake with tomato and mascarpone sauce,
A bit of garlic bread
Some carrots to go with and stretch it out a bit.

No comments: