Wednesday 8 December 2010

Bits and Bobs...

What a lovely phrase that is..it perfectly describes the sort of day we have had today. A lot of to and froing and communication problems.
yesterday I had my first appointment with the new surgery "Over the line". our village is cut in two by the railway, and the posh houses are all over the line. it is the way we have al;ways described them in the village. The surgery isw in what used to be the old grocers shop that was there for ever, until it became a sort of mini market but didn't really catch on. So, now it is a GP's practice.
My appointment was for 10.25, but they rang up to say the Dr had rung up sick..so could I go at 4.25 instead! VT drove me round since it was dark and icy, and I don't do dark, and I met a Dr who didn't introduce himself so I have no idea who he was. VT had given me a list, very clearly printed with all my medications on and ticks beside the ones I needed repeated. He said the blood test showed a lower renal function and a high potassium level. but since I had an appointment at the renal clinic in two weeks to leave that! Then he gave me a script for one of the drugs I am on and he doubled the dose of that!!! which I certainly didn't need. So VT went over and wsorted that out this morning. Then the Pharmacist..who is really excellent by the way, rang up and said they had a script for insulin filled pens!! which I haven't had before, and they had doubled the dose of another drug from 1/2 a tablet once a day to 1/2 a tablet twice a day!!!
what have we got ourselves into I wonder. VT says he will sort them out..and he will. He is like having a private secretary.
He said he knew I wasn't going to be happy when I went in, and I do have to say that I wasn't impressed by the fact that I was seated on a white plastic patio chair!!!! For goodness sake..is this the 21st century or what.
We had planned to go out this morning, but when VT came back with the papers he said it was bitterly cold, so we didn't. at least we can decide what we want to do in that way.
Tonight I am doing something warming:
Toad in the hole with meatfree sausages,
Mushroom gravy
Mixed green vegetables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear sounds as though the new Dr.'s surgery is not going to be smooth sailing!! so sorry about that..You're wise to stay in and keep warm - although all the snow has disappeared where we live it is still bitterly cold.
enjoy your toad in the hole. Judyx