Friday 10 December 2010

Up at the crack of....

Dawn...or it seems like it. I can't believe I had years and years of getting up at seven o'clock in the morning to get to school! We had to get up very early this morning because I had yet another fasting blood test at eight. My goodness, we have had more dealings with this new surgery in the last few days than I have had in the last year at the old one! The nice friendly nurse who I saw yesterday for the new patient review, wanted a complete blood work done, and she said she was on holiday next week, so she would squeeze me in at eight this morning. VT came out of his review very pleased..he is good and healthy, and has a good weight and BM so he was well chuffed. Had another phone call later this morning from them over there to say that I needed a weekly blood test done, and to add bicarbonate to the bottom of the form. VT went over to the pharmacist who we now know by name..Ellis and Fleur...and came back with a big bag of medicines, including a new tablet that I now have to take, instead of the double dose of one of Irbesartan, now on one of those. Can you imagine the cost of all this if we lived in the States?
Since we were up so earkly we decided to go over to Ormskirk for our Friday things and have a bit of a mooch around too. VT went one way, and I went to my usual shops. Bought a nice new top from Bon Marche on sale..purple of course!! and some things from Superdrug...never go into Boots any more these days..loike Superdrug much better, more friendly. Struck us yesterday when we went to Birkdale village what a lovely little place that was. Real, proper little interesting shops, staffed by friendly people and interesting things in their windows.
Had coffee at our usual little cafe, and VT had said he had seen some Agatha Raisin books in a Cancer shop around the corner..Bless him..so we then went there to have a look. They had quite a few, most of which I had read, but two that I hadn't, so got those for £1.20 each. Lovely, I like those at bed time, they are good fun to read. Then I noticed a little gifty shop opposite the charity shop, so went in to have a look see. I had spotted a silver NOEL sign in the window, but couldn't see one in the shop. They had PEACE and JOY but it was the NOEL one that caught my eye, so the lady got it out of the window for me..I love things like that, you can put them up year after year, and they always look good.

This is our fireplace, all up, and awaiting |Christmas cards.
We have in the hall, a beautiful hand painted Merry Christmas sign on wood, that we bought in America some years ago, and it always makes me feel Christmassy when that goes up. Then to M&S for our salads, and we were rtunning out of time since we only had two hours parking. So we raced round Morrisons for our weekend things and home just on time.
Jane rang up at lunch time to say she had received a report and they are now offering money for her accident..after such a long time, and countless visits for tests and consultations etc., there does seem to be light at the end of the tunnel in the end. She has exams next week, and has been off work for about a month now, so maybe that will cheer her up a bit.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers,
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi
Chips!!! a real treat..but 200grms between us.
A baked tomato.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to read that you're getting a good MOT :) I love Agatha Raisin books - bought my 1st one on holiday this year and just found it such a good, fun read. I'm also reading Miss Read, which I read years ago but good to revisit.

I know I keep changing my name but I think I've settled now!! lol
take care Judyx