Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas Hustle and Bustle..

What a lovely phrase, hustle and bustle is. We went out on our usual Friday trip to get our weekend things, and were really lucky to get parked outside ASDA. Right by the front door, I had thought we would have had to go round for ever,, judging by the traffic entering and leaving. luck was with us today.
We went round and actually got everything on our list, plus and plus..our cupboards are now full. If we have a siege we will be fine. All I have to get next week is fresh vegetables and cream and something for the main course. I was looking for something different but there really isn't much in the vegetarian line, especially if you don't go along the nut roast route. Got an ASDA magazine today with the shopping, and their suggestion is a spinach and ricotta roulade!!!!!! No thanks. What you want is something you can have so that you can have all the nice accompaniments to go with.
Lovely cup of coffee in the car park..in the further regions where people don't park, sitting with the sun blazing in on the car, and nice and warm, and very cheap of course too!
Little Bobby seems ok today we have bought her some kitten food in case her mouth is still sore. The things you do for your cats! Aah but she is a lovely little thing, and such good company.

She did venture out a bit this afternoon, but soon came back in, too cold I think.
Tonight we are having:
Pasties from Waitrose,
Gravy and a few carrots
Rice pudding for a treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny - I struggled into Ilford today and it wasn't snowing when I left but tipping it down on the way home!!! I'm just about to order my shopping on line let's hope I haven't left it too late :)

No I haven't read those books.. I have read Quiche of Death, Vicious Cat, Potted Gardener and I'm taking on holiday Murderous Marriage and Walkers of Dembley so I am more than happy to send any of those, if you haven't read them already..

My email is moreteajudy@gmail.com and yes I am on facebook - Judith Schultz

Take care and keep warm and thank you for your mother's quote - so very true!! Judyx