Thursday 2 December 2010

Good Job We looked!!

When we got up this morning to yet another day of cold and frost, I asked VT to check the calendar to see what time my appointment was. I had it firmly in my mind that it was one o'clock. It turns out it was twelve o'clock, so it was a good job he looked, and a very good job we put all the appointments on the calendar too.
We got to the Netherton clinic at about a quarter to twelve, waited about five minutes and went straight in for my blood test. I have no idea why there is a two/three week waiting list to get an appointment they weren't exactly heaving, and there was only one woman waiting after me. I left VT talking to her, and he said he has a nice conversatuion about our cat.. where you ring up , are asked what time would you like! get the blood test done, and the results the next morning with a personal call from the vet!!
I have now changed the surgeries so God knows where the results will end up, or what they will make of them. It is supposed to check the potassium levels which were too high!
This afternoon, I was coming up to use the computer, and VT followed me up the stairs..then he said "Go into the bedroom", and lo and behold through the window opposite our house there has suddenly appeared " Santa's grotto" it's a big trailer thingy all draped with a sort of white fabric to look like snow I thing. They are switching the lights on the village green Christmas tree tonight, to be done by a local celebrity Billy Butler who is quite well known on local radio. I hope they don't get too cold, and Santa has his thermals on. Well they haven't had a grotto before, that's a first.
We had to nip into Sainsbury's this morning to get the cats their chicken. This started out as a treat one day, years ago. We spotted some reduced chicken breasts in ASDA and bought them, and that was it! Every day the two little furries gather in the kitchen at one thirty for their daily dose of chicken breast cut up very small. If we run out we feel guilty!! i ask you..talk about getting us trained, and it costs a fortune too, especially if it comes from Waitrose!!!

Poor little Buddah, sitting in the snow..he has a cap of frosty snow on his head, he needs a little wooly haat!
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with a pea and asparagus sauce,
mushrooms and butternut squash and asparagus,
A bit of garlic bread.

No comments: