Wednesday 22 December 2010

I'm Dreaming of a white Christmas....Not any mor I'm not!!

Up earlyish this morning, I had yet another appointment in Netherton to have ablood test. Since this is a bit away we set off to be on time. However the traffic and the roads conspired against us. The road through Ince Woods which is a by-pass road was absolutely chocker with traffic. We crawled along, for what seemed like an age, and then we noticed some cars turning off at the Jospice so we went that way and it cuts off a corner, which saved us loads of time. The roads are still dreadful, even the main roads aren't too good. Turned into the car park of the Health Centre and I had put some boots on that I had draggeed out from the back of the wardrobe. Forgotten how worn they were!! so I slipped and slid everywhere. I ordered a pair of boots from Hotter a couple of weeks ago. Wish they would hurry up! They will probably come when the weather picks up again.
The girl doing the blood test opened the door to call my name, and the door let out a terrible moan..it was really funny, then again on the way out. Maybe it has seen enough of mne! I apologised for being a bit late, and she said that she was late herself this morning, but had about four cancellations so it didn't matter.
Just had time to come home and had a mouthful of coffee and had to go over to the new surgery for a Diabetic Review. Nice nurse, but didn't do much, but had a look at my feet, and asked me if I had been born with nine toes. No said I it was a skin melanoma, which she said she had never heard of on a toe-nail.
While I was waiting to see her the Dr came out to say that the consultant had rung her about my test yesterday and that I had to have a course of antibiotics. Yet another pill! my list is now nearly as long as my arm, She gave me a script which VT took over to the pharmacy while he was waiting for me..and was given the straightaway. Not bad service eh!
So...that's it for a bit, till the middle of January anyway.
Post when we got back..gas bill £25..I bet the next one will be more. and some more cards. We don't seem to have as many this year, maybe people are thinking about the cost of the stamps more.
Came out of our house this morning to a row of icicles on the eaves of our roof and the bay window. I certainly don't remember that before. Must get VT to take a picture for posterity..or is this going to be the norm now?
Tonight we are having:
A vegetable moussaka with Quorn mince,
^oz of potatoes and a stew pack. Then I do a cheese sauce on the top with two eggs in it to make it rise.

No comments: