Tuesday 22 March 2011

Administration Sort of Day!!

Started the day with a huge big pile of ironing. All the bedding, shirts, tablecloths etc., It was all sitting on the chair looking at me so that was the morning. i actually quite like ironing, I like getting the creases out, and the bedding loks gorgeous when it is done..all the creases gone. Sad!!
VT went to Tesco's which is actually our nearest shop, to get some cat chicken. he also took a pair of jeans to a tailor in Formby to be shortened. He has very short legs my husband, 29" inside leg..(too much information) and often trousers are just that bit too long. I don't have a sewing machine that does overlocking, mine is just a straight stitch, so he
gets them done when he needs to. M&S ones always fit him very well, but other makes are a bit more difficult. he was saying this morning, that he wishes he could have been born with slightly longer legs. I'd like to have been born with the genes for a lovely slim figure..dream on!!
Yesterday I got a phone call from a financial advisor from the bank I hve my ISA's in. Trying to get me to put my money into another account where it is locked in for four, five or six years... VT spoke to him in the end mainly because I'm not good on the phone, and the chappie said he would send informatyion in the post. Doing my ironing this morning the doorbell went and it was recorded delivery..I got all excited, thought I had won one of the many competitions that I enter. No...it was from said building society with the info. What riled me was that the chap had filled in a form all ready for me to sign!!!! and...it cost £6.50 to send it recorded delivery!!!!!!! What a waste of money, I would rather have had that as interest..which is rubbish anyway.
Then VT phoned the electric company because they had messed up our bill, said we had used 600 units of electricity in two weeks, and based the debit account bill for next year on that!!So he sorted that out. You ring them, and they doa ring back but it takes an hour!
Then the gas man came to read the meter also. What a day.. VT also got his car tax this morning too, £205..all pay out today.
Obviously we didn't go out today, but might go somewhere tomorrow. Not sure where yet. Might be nice to go to the Cheshire Oaks, we haven't been there since before Christmas I don't think. I bet quite a few shops have changed.
Tonight we are having:
Maybe sausage rolls meatfree ones,
A few sliced and fried potatoes
Small tin of spaghetti.
Not absolutely sure actually. May do a toad in the hole.

No comments: