Friday 4 March 2011

Pop Festival....Well I never..!!

VT came back from getting the paper this morning, to say that there was a notice in the shop window. Nothing new about that, plenty of notices in the sho-p window, usually about lost cats or items for sale, but this one was a tad different!! It was concerning a planning outline for a "Pop Festival" in one of the fields about 1/2 a mile outside the village!!! i could hardly eat my breakfast for laughing..it conjured up all sorts of images.. Laura Ashley frocks, flowers in the hair and odours of wacky baccy!! Well our village is hardly |Glastonbury is it? What a hoot...I bet the parish council are up in arms about that one...
Lovely sunny day today, so we went over to Aintree for the weekend things. I had a quick look in the Next outlet store, and picked up a pair of pillowcases, Egyptian Cotton for £4, but when i got to the till the girl said they were £2!! I love a bargain..I do, a pillowcase for one pound, not bad.Sainsbury's was really quiet, I expect the hospital over the road closing down has made a difference. We got our usual things, and a few extras..well more than a few extras. I wonder if shopping online stops you from impulse buying? Maybe not in my case.
Had our coffee in a lovely quiet spot in their car park, the sun was streaming in through the windows, and it was really pleasant. Pity there isn't a nice view, or a river to look at,but you are not going to get that in the middle of Merseyside!!
Drew up outside the house, and no little cat to greet us, it must be inside with its mummy, hope it is keeping her company. They arrived back late afternoon, her and her sister, who isn't staying long apparently. Such a shame.
Tonight we are having:
VT's absolute favourite vegetable pasties from Waitrose. They are like a cornish pasty, but have no meat in them and very tasty. Drop of gravy to go with..gorgeous.
Rice pudding for a treat. Again Waitrose, and microwavable. My mum would be turning over ibn her grave I'm sure, but I suppose it is the equivalent of a takeaway.

The reason I put what we are having each night, is that iit is a sort of record I began when we were starting our healthy eating plan about two years ago, and it has become a sort of routine. We seem to be doing ok anyway, the Dr didn't say anything about my weight when I went to the Diabetic clinic on Monday. Mind you there were some very very big peopl;e in the clinic!!! I felt quite normal. Nice feeling!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I expect your next post to contain a photo of the outfit you're wearing to the pop festival!! lol It's been sunny here too today but still quite nippy though. I bet VT is missing the little cat? I'm off now to watch the last episode of 'My Life in Books' have really enjoyed the series. Take care, Judyx