Monday 28 March 2011

Freebies...

VT decided he wanted to go to Formby this morning. The reason was, so that he could get his free pot of Manuka honey from Holland and barratt. He loves some honey occasionally on his toast in the miornings, and this was a voucher for a free pot from H&B of a new range of flavoured honey's (or is it honies?) So formby and Waitrose it was, he went off and I started out to get the veggies.
Tried to look for a little bunch of flowers for the extension, but haven't they gone up..Mother's Day in the offing. Ended up with a bunch of carnations which will cheer the place up a bit. I do love fresh flowers, just a bit of a bunch in a vase suits me fine.
Then the idea was to go to the garden centre at Ince to get our free coffees for March, before they ran out. It's actually a really good garden centre, with an excellent restaurant/coffee shop, and gift shop outside that. They have terrific things for gifts or for the house etc., and I keep seeing things that I would like to buy. Had a lovely coffee and a good look round, then home for lunch.
Just spent 1/2 an hour looking up about hearing aids. It's a minefield, wondering which is the best value. The place I go to in Southport..David Ormerods I have been going to for years, and the last pair I bought cost around £4,000 pounds for the two. In the ear, and digital, but nothing brilliant. Since my hearing is quite poor, from a TB infection when I was very small I need heavy duty things, so think I will shop around this time. The accident the other day has left me with only one, and they aren't covered with insurance, so I might look at Specsavers. We shall see what happens at my appointment on Wednesday at Ormerods.
Nice afternoon today, but cool. VT is in the garden fiddling around, and the last of the sofa covers are hanging out to dry. The papers today seem to be saying that we are going to have a sunblock summer..Hmmm...we shall see.
Tonight we are having:
Escalope
Baby new potatoes squashed,
Mixed vegetables with a hollandaise sauce.
Mushrooms

No comments: