Friday 11 March 2011

Do Supermarkets have a Personality?

I think they do to a certain extent. We go out bn a Friday to get our weekend things, and we vary where we go so we get a variety of offers and goods. We are fortunate in having all of the main stores within a twenty minute car run, so we can do that.
Today we went over to Ormskirk to the Morrisons there.I really love Morrisons..it is a nice friendly not pncified store with good bargains. We used to have a Morrisons in Formby which is about ten minutes away but that became a Waitrose which is a different kettle of fish altogether. Nice store, and definitely a "nice" shopping "experience" but oh so expensive. You certainly know it when you have been there. They are the luxury end of shopping for me, middle of the road comes Sainsburys who are close the other way from where we live, but the shop is so small. We often go to the one in walton though which is a favourite. Tescaws about ten minutes away, we rarely go into, since we feel they are the bully in the playground so to speak. Asda I like so we go there once in a while because it is a bit of a hike, but the store we go to does have good buys, and we always come out of there thinking that we have got a lot for our/my money.
Then there are the low price guys, like Aldi and Lidl. Neither of these I would use for our big weekend shop but they are good for the odd offers. Hate the checkout system there we always have to wait an age before being served.
Odd, the things that attract you to a store. I know a lot of people use the online services these days, and i probably would have if I had still been working, but we do have the time and I enjoy the variety. Sad people...Maybe, maybe not. It's our routine and it's what we do.
Quite nice this morning up on the hilly Ormskirk, but when we came out of Morrisons it had started raining. It is just grey now...one of those days you are glad to be in with a good fire.
VT had a bit of a strop with me today when we were putting our goods away. i had bought what I thought were two quiches for £5 from M&S but he spotted that they were actually 3 for £5. So that annoyed him, he says that makes them quite expensive then doesn't it? I felt like saying well it's my money so why should you care.! Aah, lifes little cares. I think it's the eyesight really, it wasn't what I thought it said. never Mind Eh...
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers
200grms of chips between us
Green beans for moi and mushy peas for VT.

No comments: