Thursday 10 March 2011

The Day the Printer Died...

Well not really. Yesterday I replied to a letter from a chool colleague of mine who still writes letters. How wonderful to get a hand written letter these days of texts and tweets and face book messages. Amongst other news of some colleagues that we both know, she told me that two had sadly passed away. Both of whom I was quite shocked about but one in particular I knew for a long time but hadn't heard from. She was a lovely woman, larger than life with a big personality, and a very dry sense of humour. She retired some years before me because she had a skin cancer on the back of her leg, and had most of her calf removed. She did seem to recover from that though, and my friend didn't say what she had died from. I wonder if it was related?
I have received two handwritten letters this year so far, and strangely enough, the other had news of a death also. This was an old school friend I used to travel to school with and the lasdt Christmas card that I had from her said she was retiring the following year from her job in a care home. Anyway, it seems that she became ill and ended up in the care home that she worked in.
Anyhow, I had typed a letter to my former friend and printed off one page, and it ran out of black ink. What a pain! So VT went to "Tesco" this morning to get another one. £30 odd quid, and that's cheap apparently! Once these cheaper printers have you it's a life sentence of buying printer ink from then on.
Did very little today, the weather was funny, sunny one minute and pouring down the next. We were planning to go to The Cheshire Oaks this week, but we will go when the weather warms up a bit. It isn't under cover there so can be a bit blowy. Had a lovely long bath with my candles and my book and a teeny tiny mini bar of toblerone for a treat. Decadence.
Tonight we are having:
8oz of a bag of small potatoes to use them up. I shall rummage through the freezer to find something to go with them
A bit of broccoli left over and green beans for moi.

No comments: