Monday 14 March 2011

Early Up!!!

Oh those cats!! I know..shut them out of the bedroom, but you just can't can you.So consequently they come in when it starts to get light in the morning, which is earlier and earlier. Little Rusty jumps up quite lightly and walks up my legs and comes to rest on my hip where she stops. Stays for a while then trampolines off, only to return a while later. Bobby jumps on with a big wallop, and crawls up to near my face and purrs very loudly in my ear, stays there a while then goes down to the middle of the bed where she sleeps the sleep of the contented having woken me up beautifully!.
This morning it didn't matter too much since we wanted to get up reasonably. I had to go to Aintree hospital for a blood test, prior to my renal appointment next Monday.
Round and round the car park till nearly the top floor where we got a space, then a walk along a very modern glass walkway which was far too warm, so much so that someone had opened all the windows! then a two minute wait for the blood test. The technological ticket counter wasn't working, so the girl was just sitting there shouting "Next"..highly modern!! Back to the car, and out within about 40 mins, that cost £2.. It's cheaper if you only stay 1/2 an hour, but it takes almost that long to do the walkway!!
Ever onwards to the lovely M&S in Aintree. A bit of a look round. Spotted a "Pure Cashmere " long scarf that I had my eye on all Winter, reduced in their sale to £12 from £29.50 !!! Beautifully soft, like silk, and gorgeous stripes of red and white and blue and black. Decided to treat myself , bought that, then went back to get another for my SIL in Australia whose birthday is in May. VT had found me by then, and he was trying to put me off a bit, He said How much is it, so I fished the bill out of the bag and Surprise Surprise it was £5 !!!!!!!! So dashed over and bought that as well. Presents..sorted. A pure Cashmere scarf for a fiver!! I love a bargain..I do.
Went upstairs for our coffee, and VT got a lovely Blue Harbour shirt for £9..I bought him for doing my driving. Gorgeous brushed cotton, will be great for next winter. Loads of bargains around today, better than the outlet stores.
Got our beggies in the food section, and home by lunchtime. Really pleased with my purchases today.
Tonight we are having:
Broccoli and cheese escalope,
Sliced and sauteed potatoes 8oz
Mixed vegetables
Mushrooms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you were pleased with your purchase - sounds a bargain - now for a photo of you wearing it!!
My two cats are exactly the same..Karmen jumps on the bed and rubs noses and Prince comes an lies on my head.. but I wouldn't have it any other way.. take care, Judyx