Friday 25 March 2011

Usual Friday Stuff!

Lovely day again today, so since we were up reasonably, we went over to ormskirk for a bit of a look round,Fairly quiet, and people are beginning to venture out without coats on. Not me though, it's not quite warm enough for me yet. Some people don't seem to feel the cold, I'm not one of them.
I went into my usual haunts, and VT had his look round. Got our stuff in Holland and Barrett, and went to M&S to get some of our salads. We had a coupon for %15 off foods etc., so used that. Saved £2.47 so that paid for our coffees in MOrrisons.
VT met his lady who was his financial advisor until the firm closed down a while ago. Nice woman, she is working for another firm in Liverpool now. Then we went back to Morrisons where we parked, and had our coffee. Quite quiet today actually, plenty of tables. They do a good coffee..Kenco and it's only 90p, for a decent mug. I love Morrisons..it's such an good honest ordinary shop. We were running out of our parking time, 2hrs., so we had to rush tound a bit, but we got everything we needed, not so many impulse buys today!
Got a phone call today from the bloke from The Chelsea Building Society, where I have my ISA's, asking about the forms he had sent for us to look at. I said that I was a bit annoyed at them sending them out by recorded delivery costing £6.30 !!!! and he said that was what they did! What a waste of money. Anyway, told him that I wasn't interested in moving my money and he wasnt't best pleased about that. So be it...Tough luck.Suppose they are after the comission.
Beautiful drive on the way home, the daffodils are out in abundance now, and tthere are lots of little lambs running about..Aaaah. It was the sight of little lambs running about that turned us vegetarian all those years ago. That, and a really awful programme that we saw on ITV about the way sausages were made, and what went into them. Must be getting on for thirty years ago now, and can honestly say we don't miss meat. Just the opposite now actually.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers (from Holland and Barratt)
Chips 200 grms,
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi.
tartare sauce. And not a fishy in sight!!

No comments: