Sunday 20 March 2011

Changeable..

The weather doesn't seem to know what to do today. It is sunny, and bright, then it is dull and grey. VT let the cat out this morning when he went down for the papers, and it came running out of the house like greased lightening. he said it followed him down to the paper shop, then hung around. it is getting trained, the ten weeks he looked after it over Christmas must have paid dividends.
Did a load of bedding today, but it isn't warm enough to hang it out yet, so it is a matter of tumble drying all day. Makes me wonder how my Mum used todo the family bedding with no washing machine and no dryer. Monday was wash day in our house, and the house always used to smell of washing on a Monday, where it would be ddrying in front of the fire. Wasn't unpleasant though. We don't know we are born these days.I am doing this while VT watches Time Team. he loves that programme and finds it really interesting. Personally I can't stand Tony Robinson, he gives me the creeps, and his voice I find really grating. Give me professor Brian Cox any day!
Crosswords a bit different today. VT dsid his very quickly, and I got stuck on mine. Couldn't do one quarter of it, and VT said he would do it, but he got stuck too!! then he gave it back to me and I got the two remaining clues immediately. I love doing general knowledge crosswords, find them theraputic.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza with our tomato sauce
Portabello mushrooms pineapple and meatfree pepperoni sausage,
potato and egg salad
potato salad for moi and a pasta salad for VT

No comments: