Sunday 17 July 2011

Brrr...Summer...What Summer?

It is absolutely freezing today. Pouring with rain and the trees are blowing a glae as the saying goes. Very nasty. The little cats have barely been outside. Bobby who absolutely loves going out sat by the back door waiting for me to open it. There is a cat flap, but she likes the door opened for her!! Anyway, I said you don't want to go out there and she did. She ran out, straight down to their hut and sat in there for a long while, before coming back in.
Vin went out to various places this morning, he says he doesn't mind the rain he likes the fresh air. Not me..I like being warm. He came back with..some vouchers off the price of the Sunday Mail for the next four weeks..A free pot of porridge from Londis which was a coupon in the paper.. A free litre of milk from Sainsburys which was a voucher in their magazineso he was well pleased.
He also came back with a beautiful bunch of tricolour roses with a scent for my birthday whicgh was lovely. I do love flowers but don't like the posh bunches that florists do, they go off too quickly. These roses are gorgeous.
Did the crosswords quite easily this afternoon, i do have to say that it is cold. We are sitting there without a heater which is stupid because if it was september you would have one on, but because it is the middle of July you kid yourself that it is warm when the truth is that it is really cold.
I for one will be putting my electric blanket on tonight!
I hope little ginger boy (Biscuit) is nice and warm and inside out of the cold. he was outside in some terrible weathers poor little cat. We had a phone call the other day from a man who had seen the card in the Post Office window and rang up because it said urgent. lovely of him to ring.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza with our tomato sauce, portpbel;lo mushrooms, courgette and pepper
Egg and potato salad with avocado
Potato salad for moi and pasta salad for Vin

He came in with a bag from Waitrose and said I mustn't look inside..it is my tea tomorrow night. Ooooh can't wait. And there is a pudding!!!!! Now that's a treat..

No comments: