Monday 11 July 2011

Gone Again into Cyberspace Somewhere...

Went to press the submit button last night after completing a really long post, only to find that it had totally disappeared. Managed to retrievee half of it in the draft section, but goodness knows where the rest had gone.
never mind..
Quite busy day today,we went ontp Crpsby to get our things for the week, milk and veggies, potatoes etc., and I had an appointment over at the GPs surgery to have my blood pressure checked. This is as a result of the good Doctor last week changing my prescription to another type of blood pressure tablet. The one I am on now is a cute little heart shaped one, and goes with the Amlodopine which I have been taking for a long time. These seem to be ok, and my BP was 100/58 which has gone down dramatically really. Now if someone could produce an energy pill that works..that would be good.
The Jazz concert has been and gone, and you wouldn't know anything had happened there. Sunday saw some clearing up and that was it. We thought the music wasn't quite as good as last year, they had a girl singer last year who was excellent, and one of the men did some singing also. This year it seemed to be more instrumental on the whole, with a bigger interval in the middle. Judging by the chunnering we could hear, everyone seemed to be enjoying it. The worst part was the lighting of the barbecue, our house smelled like the runway at Manchester Airport...horrible, but it went off reasonably soon.
Jane rang up yesterday to say she had been to an advertising do in Warwickshire. It was for an obnline Bingo company and they were doing an advert with some characters, and Barbara Windsor was there. She sent some lovely photos of her and Miss Windsor, and when I figure it out I'll put some on. Meanwhile she sent one titled.."I met a Monkey"
Her Dad said..Who is the Monkey? which didn't best please her.

Since she shies away from photos this is a miracle one.. She said Barbara Windsor was really lovely and posed with everybody and was really nice all day walking around in quite a heavy costume. Jane said she is 74 next week and I wish I knew what she was on!!

Tonight we are having:
Escalope with a mushroom sauce
Baby potatoes sliced and sauteed
Carrots caukliflower and broccoli
Cranberry sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely photo of your daughter :)) I have found that if the box is ticked which says do you want to stay signed in then untick that box and the applications etc seem to work better on blogger.
Watched an interesting programme tonight called 'British Masters' on BBC4 about the artists at the begining of 1900's - very interesting and, if I remember, I shall watch it again next week!! take care, Judyx