Friday 8 July 2011

The Tent is Up...

Ready for tomorrows jazz concert. Hope the weather warms up for them because I think it is quite cool and rainy today. Not the sort of weather to be standing outside in the open air with your glass of wine and nibbles. Maybe it will warm up tomorrow.
Went to Sainsbury's in Walton this morning to get the weekend things, it's a great store, so easy to get round. Vin goes in with his list, and I just grab what I fancy! Totally different type of shoppers we are, I buy a lot on impulse, while he tends to stick to what is on the list.
Huge big car park there so we found a nice spot for our coffees. Early out for some reason, I think it is because you get around quickly and no hold ups.
Listening to the Jeremy Vine show on the radio while we were in the car, and he was discussing the demise of the News of the World. Can't say I'll miss it, I don't think I have ever read it in my life actually, or The Sun for that matter. We have always had The Daily Mail or Daily Express, sometimes The Times, but that had too much reading in it so we gave that up when we first married. Don't like the politics of The Mail and Express, but I do like some of the writers like Liz Jones, and the magazines on Sunday are good..then there are the crosswords of course. The weekends wouldn't be the same without the crosswords, and the Liz Jones page about her life and cats.
No doubt the Murdoch empire will bring out a new paper instead of it, Time will Tell.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers and Chips! 200 grms
Green beans for moi and mushy peas for Vin
Tartare sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we stopped buying papers years ago too mainly I've known a few people who have appeared in various papers and the story attached to them as certainly been fabricated. We've had rain all day here and now it's extremely windy - I hope you haven't got that where you are or the tent might just blow away!!
I see you're having fishless fingers - well I'm having fish fingers :)) Judyx