Monday 18 July 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...

A big 65 today, Where did all the years go i wonder? Can't believe it really, mind you I look at the wrinkles in the mirror and know!! Not having had a face lift like the celebrities.
Absolutely horrible day today. very wet and windy, and pouring with rain, although by mid afternoon as I am writing this it has cleared up a bit and the wind has dropped somewhat. Had to put lights on all over the house this morning it was so dark, and I had a heater on also. Typical Midsummer's day..wouldn't like to be on holiday in this. I actually had the electric blanket on last night since it was so chilly. Apparently it is the same temperature as where my brother is in Perth..and it is their mid winter!!!

Bobby keeping dry..
Got a lovely bunch of mixed roses from Vin and a card from him and one from the cats with little cats all over it with silver whiskers..Aaah.No word from Jane..she has probably forgotten, and no card either but that doesn't surprise me. Got a lovely sister card from John and Ann with a beautiful glass ornament of a rooster which is beautifully done, a fridge magnet and a closet bar it is called which makes your wardrobe scented, but not too much. That arrived on Saturday..puts Jane to shame really. Never mind.
Vin is cooking the tea tonight. He went to Waitrose yesterday and came back with a big bag which is in the fridge and I can't look. There is a pudding though..hooray..that;s a treat in itself, since we don't often have puddings.
So, Tonight we are having:
A Surprise!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi and Happy Birthday - yes where do the years go it's my 50th next year. Thanks for the tip about Harry Nilsson as I am supposed to be holiday I will try and stay and watch it and lie in on Wedneday (haha). Karl's not good at remembering birthdays either. take care, Judyx