Friday 1 July 2011

To The Coast...

Southport way today to the ASDA store there. Very busy today too the car park was quite full. Vin wanted to go to the Range shop to get some plumbing stuff..he has really been bitten by the bug! but apparently they have stopped selling plumbing gear, so I expect it will be Homebase.he seems to be spending a lot of time up in the l9oft..i wonder what he is doing up there? Probably sitting reading old motor cycling magazines, not that there are any really. We have never used the loft for storing stuff in, not like other people do. So, apart from the things that have been obviously used for lagging purposes there isn't anything up there. maybe Vin has got his eye on the flat surfaces up there HaHa..
Got all our weekend things at ASDA when we eventually found things, they have a tendency to move things around which is a bit of a pain and time consumiing, but we get there in the end.I had a bit of a look round at the clothing but not impressed at all, very flimsy and not made to last. I do buy clothing that I wear for a short time maybe round the house and then get rid, but their clothing isn't even good for that really I don't think anyway. I don't mind so much what I wear around the house but I am picky when i go out anywhere.
Our neighbour next door is moving tomorrow. We will miss them, they have been good neighbours, and we have had plenty of neighbours over the years, some good some not so good. they were lovely quiet people, and i feel so sorry for her over what has happened since before Christmas. Vin was talking to her last night and she says she is mostly sorted, but can't bring herself to do anything about the cat. so Vin offered to take it to the Animal rescue for her. He is very attached to it, and it will be a wrench when it goes. It has a lovely little life in the front of our houses, and it won't understand. Terrible shame. But it is the circumstance nothing anyone can do. We did put a card in the window of our shop. but no phone calls.
We called in at Waitrose on the way home because I wanted some of their egg salads and Vin was keen to get their pasties for tea. guess what they didn't have, any egg salads so I had a crummy cheese sandwich for lunch while he had potato cakes and beans. Hmmm!!
Tonight we are having:
Vegetable pasties from Waitrose, with some gravy
Rice puddings from Waitrose..at least I'll have one treat today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My word Jenny you have been blogging for four years!! my hat goes off to you :) I have taken inspiration from you and have started a daily blog, as it's the 1st july, and linking it to my 365 project - www.beforegoingtobed.blogspot.com