Friday 22 July 2011

School's Out...

Well they are round here anyway. The next six weeks of the summer break are upon us. We went over to Walton to Sainsbury's for our weekend things and we pass a number of schools on the way. Some obviously already finished others finishing today in this area. I remember them well, the first couple of weeks getting relaxed after the stresses and strains of the term, then a couple of weeks holiday, then a couple of weeks getting everything done ready for going back. The last week or so spent trying to cram everything in.
Since being retired, ten unbelievable years now,the summer holidays don't mean as much any more, neither do the half terms. In fact I find myself saying that teachers get too many holidays now!!!
Got all our things for the weekend and the bill came to around £58 Vin was annoyed that we hadn't spent £60 because he would have got 10p a litre off petrol..He blamed me of course because I was wilting a bit, I think it was the newish tablets that I am on which are a bit dodgy, but never mind, I'm sure he will save the money somewhere else the way he is going these days.
Came home..still expecting the little ginger cat to come out and greet us at the gate when the car drove up. Aaah..I do hope he is really happy where he is and has found some lovely sunny spot in their garden somewhere.
Instead we had our Bobby to greet us. Vin had gone to open the door and then we have a porch door as well, and Bobby's little face was pressed against the bottom right corner looking at us. Aah, I love our cats. They are such company.
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and onion Pasties from Waitrose,
Green beans Baked tomatoes.
Maybe rice pudding or an ice cream in a cornet!!

No comments: