Tuesday 26 July 2011

Men At Work...

The day started with the banging again this morning. Our neighbours builders were there doing more to her roof. Why does all building work involve banging I wonder?
Vin started doing the wall outside the kitchen which has needed doing for a long time. In fact I don't remember when it was last done. Looks good when it is done too. We were trying to think what paint was last used on it, thinking it was Snowcem. This would account for its flaking off which it did one particularly hard winter. Vin had a look on the Net to see what was recommended for problem walls and came down and said Sandtex..that was the name I had been struggling to find in my mind, just couldn't get the name out. He said Snowcem leaves a film and it is that which flakes off, so maybe we will go for Sandtex this time, see if it sticks better.

Here is my beautiful Orchid resplendent in her purple pot which matches perfectly. I knew it would. I could see Vin thinkink when I bought it, what does she need another plant pot for..but there she is, looking absolutely gorgeous. I o9nly wish I looked half as glamorous.

"Look" she is saying "How beautiful I am!"

I don't think she has ever looked so good. Definitely the Maralyn Monroe of plants this one. This is the second flowering of the year too, and the more luxuriant too.Vin fussed and faffed over taking these photos, and we had a spat over the camera. He said no-one told him how to work it meaning that if I wanted a photo do it myself. Trouble is the features aren't easy to see, not that simple when you are looking through a net curtain either. We don't argue very often, very little actually..but he can be so stubborn..I can see where Jane gets it from!

Gorgeous sunny day today, but not too warm, very pleasant really. He is now cementing the wall where the mortar has worn out, so that will keep him quiet for a bit.
Tonight we are having:
Quorn sausage rolls,
Small tin of something saucey in tomato
Vegetables
Potato croquettes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW your orchid is beautiful and certainly looks good in the new pot :)) I'm afraid plants do not last with me but my dad is brilliant with gardens and indoor plants not a gene he passed on to me!! lol
my neighbours are away too so it's quiet but I'm sure, like your neighbour, building work will commence when they return. Her last project was having the chimney breast taken out in the two main bedrooms to make room for floor to ceiling wardrobes - well she does have 4 children !!
take care, Judyx