Saturday 23 July 2011

Tis The Weekend..

Again, they come round with monotonous regularity, no sooner have we got our shopping done on a Friday than it is Saturday again. Very little doing here at the moment. The owners of the house next door have gone on holiday on a boat somewhere for two weeks, and the new tenants haven't been here recently. I suppose they are packing up their old property. That is something I have never done in the whole of my life. I have always lived in this house, since I was about three about 62 years ago. It has changed a bit over the years but essentially it is the same house, and a happy one. I always think that the house next door isn't a happy house, quite a few troubled relationships in its history. Not a house I would like to live in really.
lovely sunny day today, not too hot so after lunch we took our coffee outside and sat there for a long while having a nice conversation about this and that.

When I went outside to wait for Vin to join me, I sat on the chair, and little Bobby who was at the other end of our small garden came running down the garden to me, Then sh gave a big miaow of greeting. I thought that was lovely. She jumped up on the bed very early this morning as she does, and crawled up towards me, caught my lip with her claw, but didn't do any real damage, and she didn't mean it.
The only trouble with sitting out there is that the chairs we have which are green cast iron ones are so hard!!! so after a while the posterior gets a bit achy. We must have a look for something more comfortable, maybe a double bench with a table in the middle. i saw a nice one in Dobbies a while back might have another look at that.
Terrible scenes coming from Norway..how on Earth can one man do so much damage, death toll in the nineties and rising. The poor families what a dreadful thing to happen to them. Doesn't seem that it is a terrorist attack, just one strange man. The other thing in the news is the killing of patients in a hospital in Stockport. They have arrested a nurse for that and I suppose more will come out later.

Tonight we are having:
Chinese spring rolls
1/2 a packet of fried rice
Stir-fry vegetables
Sweet and sour sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that strange - I can't imagine living in one house for so long BUT, having said that, as I get older the thought does sound really quite appealing :)) But what you say about a 'happy house' is so very true - sometimes we have moved into a vicarge and sensed that it wasn't a happy place/area and then, like the house we are currently in, we have enjoyed living there for the last 7 years and, I suppose, with the new house it will be very much up to us to create a 'happy peaceful' atmosphere not just for us but for the next tenant too.
My cats jump on the bed to wake me up too, normally because they want to be let out to go to the loo!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, take care, love Judyx