Wednesday 15 January 2014

Out for the Chop!

Up earlyish this morning because I had made an appointment to get my hair done at 10.30. So it was up and at em today. i go to the same place where I have been going for a long time now. Only go about three times a year when my hair gets too straggly or long. Have a bob which I've had for eons, but the last time I went the girl cut it in a layered way so it grew out very straggly, and Vin trimmed it all round for me.
Got there dead on time..and she was waiting for me at the door. I was the only one in there actually, must be the quiet period before the weekend and after Christmas. Very nice too, I like places that are quiet. She has done an excellent job today, and it looks really nice, just what I wanted. That will last me for ages. We had a conversation about, Christmas, the heat in Australia and jane. Only about 1/2 an hour and out finished.
Vin was waiting for me outside, and he had been over the road to the library to look at the local history books. We went from there to the garden centre over the way in Ladygreen for our january coffees hoping it wouldn't be busy..and..it wasn't. lovely and quiet .Must admit it is so nice to be able to go out without having to go via the bathroom all the time!  We had a bit of a browse first because it was earlyish, I was looking for something else to put in John's birthday parcel, and did spot a book about a dog digest with all bits and bobs about doggy tales.  So, with that and the goons cd and the Downton christmas dvd there is enough. All I have to do is finish the letter.
Lovely cup of coffee if a tad small, and we took our own biscuits so it was a free do!!
CD arrived this morning just waiting for the dvd now.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with a tomato and mascarpone sauce
Mushrooms
Asparagus and any veg in the fridge.
A bit of garlic bread for Vin.

No comments: