Sunday 6 December 2015

I'm Slipping!!!

Oh dear! It has been a while since I have been on here. Mainly because I have been backwards and forwards to appointments for quite a few weeks so squeezing a few min utes here and there to do my blog has been a bit awkward. The main priority has been to get John and Ann's letter so we can send their parcel off to Australia.The traffic reports on the radio at the moment are terrible. Flood warnings and road closures all over the North of England and Scotland, terrible ones in Cumbria with rivers bursting their baqnks and people being evacuated from their homes. The Forth Road Bridge is also closed due to faults in the structure. This will cause a 50 mile detour!!!! Those poor people who will have to make that will suffer for the next goodness knows how long.
Well for the first time in a long time we are extremely well prepared for Christmas trees ready, decorations up and most of the dinner things bought. It's actually quite nice to be all ready.
This is my Christmas present from Jane, I LOVE hime, he has such a beautiful smile and when he is lit up with a night /tea light he is gorgeous. It is a Yankee candle one and she also bought us a Yankee candle Advent calendar which has a different "flavour" tea light every day that you open. 

Getting Christmas dinner number one ready and very nice it was too. At least Jane got her bread sauce which she adores and her roasties. Her and Vin had a celebration roast, and I did a meat style roaqst which in the end we all shared and the Yorkshire puds to go with it.  I'm going to do thaat again for CD number two.
Very sad news this last week, Jane rang us up on her way home one night to say that one of her group of friends from Uni, who she would have been working with at M,R.I. had died. She was a lovely girl a few years older than Jaane, and we had met her at the graduation in July. Jane has a lovely photo of them together really lovely smiley photo of them in their caps and gowns. She had a smiley husband and two absolutely gorgeous little boys, only small about six and seven Jane thinks. That poor family over Christmas. Their group is just devastated.They were a very close group and all looked after each other. 
Anyway, I shall make it my business to keep this up better this year, I admit I have been a bit lax the last couple of months, not through my fault totally. 





No comments: