Wednesday 22 August 2007

A Bit of Haggling Saves you Money..

This morning we took ourselves off to Taskers in Aintree to search for a rug for our revamped room.
After looking around we eventually found one that we both liked and would look fairly modern in the room. Got hold of the men who rolled them back for us, then one spotted a thread loose on the edge. We ummed and aahed a bit, and had a look at another, we didn't like so much then I asked about a reduction because we liked that one. The bloke laughed a bit and said something about a tenner off I said, I've seen these programmes where you haggle you know. Then the manager one came over and offered us £30 pounds off!! I could see VT's eyes going, he does love a bargain!! and we said OK. So we have a new rug, £30 reduced and it looks great.Eeeh I love a bargain, I'm quite proud of myself now.
Dentist this afternoon for a checkup. It's a while since I last went, didn't go last year, so was ready for a check. Only need one filling and a new filling in the front one, not too bad.
Tonight we are having:
Meatballs in tomato sauce with
Pasta 4oz measured weight,
And a tiny grating of parmesan cheese for the topping.
Probably carrots depending on what he brings back from Tesco.

Last night in the end we had...Thai green fillets in sauce,
6oz new potatoes sliced and dry fried,
crrots peas and soya beans, and it was lovely actually.
Big weigh in today, and we are both down ONE STONE so that is really good I think.
VT keeps saying his pants are falling down, and he is having to tighten his belt up.
Nice day today for a change, really sunny and warm, and...no rain!!

No comments: