Saturday 4 August 2007

Plastering and Bread..

Today Vin has plastered all of the window wall, and a very good job he has done of it too. The plaster under the window is now smooth and drying, and the wall to the left is waiting for the second coat. Well Done.
While he was doing that I made a loaf of Wholewheat Sourdough bread in the machine. I used wholewheat flour, Barleycorn flour and 1/2 a cup of white flour. The cup measures that are used by the Americans are great, I am a real convert. It is such an easy way to measure. I wanted to make a good loaf of brown bread, which can be used for toast and also for sandwiches. I find that a loaf of bread lasts us generally about a week, but that is just Vin having toast, I have my rice crackers.
Yesterday I got my order from Lakeland, only took...wait for it...two days!! couldn't believe it, what a service. I had ordered some Butterbuds, which are great for putting on veggies or potatoes and are very low in calories, some labels which were on sale, a trial pack of tinfoil, and a tub of bread improver. This I was keen to try out. It is supposed to make the bread lighter, especially brown bread, so I have given it a go. They also sent me as a present another free pack of tinfoil, so I am well chuffed.
Tonight is Chinese night so we are having:
Goujons or dippers...Quorn products,
Sauce, Honey and Coriander,
Mushroom stir-fry fried in Fry Light,
Egg Fried Rice, with fresh peas, and 4oz of rice.
Anyone who knows us knows we always have something Chinese on a Saturday night, if we didn't have, the healthy eating plan wouldn't work, I am convinced of that. Likewise with the Pizza on a Sunday night.

No comments: