Tuesday 14 August 2007

Curtains!!

Finishing off gradually. VT and I put up our new curtains this morning, and they make one big difference. They are quite heavy ones so we had to put up a new thicher pine curtain pole, but they look gorgeous. They have a design on them with a little wine colour to match the new sofas, but mainly a cream/beige background. The people from Kirkdale Sofa's rang this morning to say they would ring again on Monday, then the sofas would come a couple of days after that. Very good firm that, I'd recommend them to anyone.
VT is now painting the skirting boards, and that is about it. All we need to get is a couple of rugs, one for the middle, and two for the fireplace, and in front of the kitchen. And, keep the cats off the paint!!
I have made a Rye Sourdough bread this morning, mostly rye flour with white bread flour, honey and a tsp of carraway seeds. This is by way of an experiment, because all the rye breads I have ever tried have turned out like bricks, but the dough enhancer has made it nice and billowy. Should make good sandwiches I hope.
Not really sure what we are having tonight, but maybe:
Quorn Meatballs in a goulash sauce,
1/2 pack microwave rice or 4oz white rice,
Carrots and peas.
Big weigh in tomorrow again. I think that is 7 weeks. We seem to have slowed down a bit, but that is the danger time, don't give up now.
I ordered a TSV from QVC which is a set of two T-Shirts from Quacker factory, and I ordered a smaller size, a Large instead of XLarge, so that is a step forward isn't it.

No comments: