Tuesday 4 March 2008

Brassed Off!

No not really. We did the kitchen floor, then the bathroom and the porch. While leaving them to dry I came up to use the computer and VT appeared with a smile on his face. He said he had wiped down the front door, and when I checked he had done the brasses. Now..that is my job...I always do the brasses, which are the letterbox, key plate and "Woodford" house sign. Quite a job too, they hadn't been done for ages, usually are forgotten. Now lovely and shining. They do look nice when they have been done.
Cold today so we didn't go anywhere maybe tomorrow.
Crosswords proved harder this week. VT does one in the Daily Express on a Monday, and that was done fairly easily apart from about three clues he had to look up on the Internet. One was...the name of the blunt end of a hammer head..answer "Poll" !! Never heard of it. talk about obscure!
Got the answer from "Quizzes and Puzzles" which is a website set up to answer queries about crossword clues. You can submit a query and mostly someone will answer it. Well the answer was there, and under it someone had written...How many times is this going to be asked today?
Tonight we are having:
Some of the veggies I bought yesterday.
Mozzarella and Pesto Quorn Escallopes,
Cauliflower Cheese,
Little squashed potatoes,
Mushrooms.
Tomorrow is the big weigh in day. VT reckons he is still the same, I think that I have kept most of the weight off that I lost when I had the dreaded Noro Virus, which was about 5or6 lbs!! We shall see.
I have had a real craving for cakes this week. The recipe for the day on the Delia site is a gorgeous looking Austrian Coffee and Walnut cake...Ohmigod...could I just eat that! VT came home on Sunday from Maghull, where he had a look at the ever dwindling Farmers Market, and said Sayers was open. Now, all I can think of is a Sayers Ring Doughnut..haven't had one of those for YEARS!
Oh well..Dream On!!!

No comments: