Tuesday 11 March 2008

Crabtree & Evelyn..letter

First thing I did a letter of complaint to Crabtree & Evelyn in Street, to state my disappointment about their lack of response. I refer to a transaction I had with them on December 4th when I bought some Christmas things from their Street store at Clarkes Village. Spent £50.95 and was charged twice on my bank account. If my eagle eyed lovely VT hadn't noticed that on my statement they would have got away with that. He generally checks my statement, I don't bother. Good job he does though. Anyway, not a word from them, nothing, not an apology... nowt.
Gave them a while then felt a letter was necessary. So off it has gone this morning. See what I get back.
VT has found a slight petrol leak in his car, so he went off to the garage this afternoon to get it checked, but they were too busy, so they will look at it tomorrow afternoon. Hope it isn't too serious.
The new Delia programme aired yesterday evening. Very good it was too. It was on the lines of the Barefoot Contessa, with her going out and about a bit. It was really good to see a more human side to her then the one in the kitchen. I thought the programme was excellent, and might buy the book now.
Have just ordered two books and a DVD from Amazon. The dvd is "Cranford" which I will send to John and Ann in Oz. I was going to buy it in Feb when it came out but thought that they would not be able to use it in their machines. Anyway, someone on the Delia forum site said that he had seen it in a shop and that it was the right region for Oz. I have also ordered two books, The Chocolate chip cookie murder, and The Strawberry Shortcake Murders, both by Joanne Fluke. Was only intending to buy one but if you bought the two you saved money, and also they were eligible for free p&p. So that sorted that.
Tonight we are having:
The green lentil recipe made into a Shepherds pie.
I will use that as a base and do some mashed potato on the top with cauliflower in it to extend it a bit.
Carrots and peas,
Mushrooms and a bit of gravy.
Think I will do them in little individual dishes and make them look nice with a tiny bit of grated cheese on the top.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny Mac,
I am UK Sales Director at Crabtree and Evelyn. I am keen to resolve your issue.Please can you contact me on p.townsend@crabtree-evelyn.co.uk with details of your letter.

Kind regards,
Peter townsend

JennyMac said...

I have replied to this, and sent to the given e-mail. Returned to sender..so I assume this is a wind up??
jenny Mac