Sunday 30 March 2008

Clocks - Computers and Crosswords

Last night the clocks went back an hour. This meant of course that we awoke late according to the bedside clock, but we still had our cup of coffee before we got up. We always have a cup of coffee and a cow biscuit..sort of gets you going for the day. VT always goes down to make them, my balance is dreadful for carrying things around and there would be no coffee left if I did it.
Computers...well..I had a bit of a look at the sites I go on earlier and the puter was very slow, so I thought I would close it down and restart it. What a mistake...I came up in the late afternoon to get the big MOS crossword done, and I was still sitting here half an hour later waiting for it to get going!!! Why aren't home computers like the ones you see on CSI and the like, and work instantly!!
Crosswords...both quite easily done today, no difficult ones which caused a problem. I did use the Quizzes and Puzzles answers.com site for one or two though, that is a wonderful site for getting the unusual answers.
Made a pizza dough in the new bread machine this morning. It is a really nice dough and looks good for our pizza later. Last week we used a pizza dough base mix, and it was a bit disappointinmg, but we are back on track this week.
My recipe is:
Sourdough Pizza Dough...in the bread machine..
1 1/2 cups of strong bread flour. Today I used 1 of white and 1/2 of Spelt.
1/4 cup of Honey
Tsp of salt
A good slurp of Olive Oil.. we used Basil Oil
1/2 tsp of yeast dried
1 Cup of Sourdough Starter..proofed overnight,
1/4 cup of warm water, this varies according to the type of flour.

Put everything in the bread machine on the dough cycle, and when it is completed I take it out and leave it in a covered bowl to rise. Then use as normal for the Pizza. It m,akes the most wonderful pizza base.

Tonight we are having:
Sourdough Pizza, with
Home made tomato sauce,
Roasted vegetables,
Salad with avocados and a mixed egg salad from M&S for a change.
Assorted potato salad and wild rice salad.

Yummy.

No comments: