Thursday 13 March 2008

Cars and Roots

Today VT went into crosby to see about his car. The petrol leak needs doing, and he has found a garage just around the corner from the Doctors who will do it for him on Tuesday. Heslop's garage, they have been there for donkey's years, little garage opposite Maitlands.
While he was in Crosby he went along to the Nissan garage to see what they had, and saw what he thought was a good car, four years old and a CitroenPicasso of some sort, Xaris I think, but not sure. About £7.000 but they would do a deal. He seems quite keen on this. I have offered him £3k towards it but he is a stubborn cuss and won't take it...he is mad.
I stayed at home to do my roots. Showing the grey around the hairline, and bought the kit from Boots. On offer and only £3.50 so good value. Dark brown this time, last time I used Auburn but it was a bit red really. This is much better match.Quite pleased with it actually, and will make the hairdo last a bit longer.
I am going to do a version of Macaroni Cheese that is a bit healthier.
I saw The Barefoot Contessa do one with 1lb of Cheddar, and 1lb of Gruyere and all sorts of extra s like butter and half and half. I think I can do better than that.
So tonight we are having:
Macaroni and Cheese with 4oz pasta..
A packet of Colman's Cheddar Cheese sauce mix,
Broccolli and Mushrooms mixed in,
Tomato on the top and a sprinkling of parmesan and breadcrumbs.
Green beans on the side.
See...Much healthier.

No comments: