Friday 28 March 2008

Friday Feast...

Well today dawned grey clod and windy, so VT decided that he didn't fancy the burgers for tea that I suggested. So I said well what do you fancy, and after a while of silence he said a curry. So, curry it is. I do a good Egg and Madras curry from the delia site, which has a tomato accompaniment which is very tasty.
Today our money went to Morrisons n Ormskirk, I like Morrisons, they are very good for vegetables, and I miss the one in Formby that is now Waitrose. That is a nice shop, but very pricey for pretty nearly everything. The only thing is that you can get the more unusual items there. Also went into M&S to get salad, and avocados etc., and spent £25 very quickly!
The Yankee candles arrived today and they are gorgeous. I'm really pleased with them. Beautifully packed with four glass holders, and 18 little candles of different "flavours" of all types. Both VT and I found that you don't get the scent on your nose though or you will have it for ages. Beautiful scents and colours, and an excellent way of trying out all the scents. Bought them to use so we are trying out Vanilla Lime in the kitchen to begin with.
Tonight we are having:
Madras egg and spinach curry,
With 4oz of basmati rice,
Mushrooms Poppadum, and sliced banana,
With mango chutney and tomato cachumber.
This is extremely tasty, and well worth making.

The weight is still the same for both of us, VT around the 11st mark and me around the 11 1/2 mark, no matter what we seem to do. This seems to be our plateau level. I did lose about 6lbs when I had that dreadful Noro virus in Feb and haven't put that back, so that was the only good thing out of that.

No comments: