Monday 15 September 2008

Tax Rant!!!

I received a notice from my Teacher's Pensions this morning with the account for the year. My ncome tax has gone up by £50 a month!!!!!!!!
How can that be right?? VT says it is beause of the 10p tax rule which was introduced in the last budget.Apparently I am one of the losers in it all. Not right at all, a tax hike of Fifty pounds a month is not on. Gordon Brown has had it now..I have supported him since he took over, but not now..that is it. it isn't as if I get a huge salary or pension, but £50 a month is too much..it is what you call the straw that broke the camel's back.
Enough is enough.
What seems so wrong to me is that people on benefits are exempt from paying taxes, and get their council taxes paid and other allowances, like the new one for free insulation etc., and yet I have worked all of my life..teaching inner city kids, and paid all my taxes etc., get penalised. I wish someone could explain to me why people on benefits don't pay their share??
Ah well..Rant over.. VT is treading on eggshells in the house today. Monday morning and you get that, not what you want is it.
Went into Crosby this morning to get some veggies for the week. VT wanted to go to a dental lab, but it has moved and we couldn't find it.
Tonight we are having:
Quorn Escallopes,
Little baked potatoes
Vegetables, probably carrots and beans with a few mushrooms fried in fry light.
B****y Taxes!!!!! They have never reeally bothered me in the past, but I am insensed at that rise, it is just unfair!!

No comments: