Saturday 20 September 2008

Washing..

Washing day today, we do the bedding today, usually two loads in the washing machine. VT pegged it out on the line and then it is all back on the bed by late afternoon. I notice the lady next door..Jan..is doing hers as well. She has had two lines full drying. Not actually a very good drying day, because there isn't any breeze, but there is enough sunshine to get it going, then finish it off in the tumble dryer.
Not a lot in the Saturday papers today, mostly about the banking crisis, and the state of the financial market.Can't say it affects me much, the only thing that does is the state of the tax system which has removed £50 a month from my pension each month..Now that is a disgrace an d really annoys me no end. And, to think I have supported Gordon Brown since he took over too..
VT nipped into Maghull this morning..not for long, because we got up late actually, even Jane had got up before us this morning, she rang up as we were having breakfast and she had already been to ASDA, called us lazyb******s. She is quite right too, but we were comfy this morning and didn't want to move.
My book is wonderful, "The secret life of Bees", I shall be really sorry when I've finished it, I have got to know and love the characters, and you don't do that very often with a book. Can't wait to see the film.
Tonight we are having:
Burgers, Quorn Red Onion and beef style ones, with buns,
Thin slices of cheese,
Lettuce, tomato and relishes,
A small packet of fries from the freezer.
Tasty change from Chinese.

No comments: