Friday 15 May 2009

Eye Eye!

Up early this morning due to an early appointment over in Walton Hospital. Not before we had a good cup of coffee to get us going though!
Appointment was 9.45 so we left about 9ish, actually got there at 9.30 so we made good time. VT parked the car in the top car park after dropping me off at the entrance. I was very surprised to see there were no people waiting! The last time I went there it was heaving with people everywhere. The waiting room was empty, and I had no sooner got there when my name was called. Had the drops, the eye test then waited for them to work. VT caught up with me and kept me company after walking through the hospital. Went in to see the Dr., who I have seen quite a few times before. She had a good look and said there was some membrane on the left eye that would be worth doing some laser treatment on. She said it might work or might not, but would be worth a try. She said she would do it now because it was quiet. So off we went. Didn't hurt at all today, it has in the past. Maybe the machine is better. We then had to wait for some drops and then went over to Sainsbury's for the weekend shopping.
After our usual cup of latte, we got going. VT had to do the choosing today because I couldn't see. All the eye drops mean your pupils are wide open to light so everything is too bright. We got everything we needed though, all the salads, and things for the weekend.
We couldn't think what to have for tonight, so decided on a canneloni eventually.Home in time for lunch. VT had a quorn pork pie style with a tiny bit of salad. I had a free range egg and potato salad..mind you there were two bits of potato!! and four tiny cherry tomatoes, one tiny egg and a pile of iceberg lettuce. Not the most generous of salads.I enjoyed it though.
Tonight we are having:
Spinach ane Ricotta Cannneloni
green beans and carrots.
garlic bread.
Might change mind when we go down though since it is similar to what we had last night.

No comments: