Thursday 9 July 2009

Error Message..


This is the reason the blog is called Jenny Nine Toes. Three years ago pretty much to the time, I had a toe removed for a malignant melanoma. I had it for quite a while and just thought it was a discoloured nail so ignored it until I had a routine Chiripody appointment. Referred from there to Walton, then to dermatology, then to plastics and it was "cancer..toe off" So that was it. All recovered now, just a gap where the toe was.


Poor VT..all he did today was ferry me around. He does it so patiently too, never complains.
First stop was the hairdresser where I went for a cut and blow. He went to Homebase and then Waitrose and waited for me to come out. They left me waiting in the chair for fifteen minutes while the manager was having her colours done!! Eventually I was done and the hair feels much tidier now.
Then back for our coffee and a bit of a mooch and lunch, then it was off to the GP to get my blood pressure done as requested by them. They don't leave you alone these days, I think it is all about money, the more checks they do the more they get paid! Maybe that is a cynical view but I fear not. She did the blood pressure..fine..poked about my feet..fine..referred me to a chiropodist and gave me a form for a blood test and let me go. What a pain. Couldn't even go and get the Dewey book from the library either because they are shut on a Thursday afternoon.
It was cold when we were out this morning, but it has cleared up now and the sun has come out. Blowy though.
VT is in the garden mending his ladder..putting some new feet on it. Chiropody for a ladder.
Last night I did a vegetable gratin in the end, broccoli, cauliflower and potato in a cheese sauce, and a Quorn escalope to go with.
Tonight we are having:
Maybe lamb grills
new potatoes,
Carrots and green beans.
Mushroom gravy.
Might do meatballs in swedish style sauce, potatoes and mushrooms and same vegetables.

No comments: