Thursday 2 July 2009

Even Hotter,



Very very hot today. We sat outside for a little while after lunch and I could feel the sun beating on the top of my head, like we were in Florida. Quite humid too, and very muggy last night, we rolled the quilt back so we were just covered with the sheet. I kept waking up it was so hot, and little Bobby came on me at about 5O'Clockwhich was a bit warm to say the least. very loving though, except she picks at the front of my chest and she has very sharp claws!!!
We nipped into Formby this morning to Waitrose to get a few salady things for tonight, mainly because we didn't fancy cooking.
So our tea tonight is in the fridge.
News report this lunchtime about two German Shepherd Police dogs who died because they had been left in a car, outside the Police station! Wouldn't you think the dog handler would have known better!! Poor things, I'm not a dog fan but I know not to leave animals in a closed car in this weather.
The tennis players at Wimbledonlook like they are baking too, how they keep going I don't know, they must have fantastic energy.
Tonight we are having:
from Waitrose..a Frittata with asparagus and parmesan,
Salad with egg and new potato,
Pesto and pine nut salad and Potato salad.
Looking forward to a cool, no cooking tea./

No comments: