Friday 24 July 2009

Orchids..



My orchid is now just on a week old in my possession anyway. It is the most gorgeous shade of purple which I love, and VT bought it for my birthday last Saturday. I don't think I have had an orchid before and he chose it instead of flowers. Good choice.
We went over to ASDA this morning mainly because VT wanted to get some prints run off the photo card. he has a voucher for a free 50 prints, but when we got there the card wouldn't work on the machine..Drat..this technology is a pain actually.
So he gave up in the end and we did the shopping. £84 quids worth. We seemed to pile the trolley with things for the weekend and things we needed. I did buy a book, a Maeve Binchy (£3) and a magazine and three bottles of Arniston Bay white for £10.
Along with our salad things, vtoilet rolls for £5 coffee for £2..it maounts up.The roads were quite quiet really, I expected them to be busier, and the shop wasn't too bad either, not too many kids around yet. They have all broken up now so might be on holiday maybe. The traffic reports on the radio as I type this are telling of awful traffic jams on a variety of roads. This morning was a selection of caravans overturning which would be a mess. That would spoil the holiday without a doubt.
Savings!!!!!!!!!!
What a pain they are. I have been saving about £100a month for a while now and have about £5.000 but I am only getting 1/2 a per cent interest. £1.74 a month!! Now you need to decide what is the best deal for savers,and the answer is that there is very little out there really. VT suggests the Coventry BBS so he has sent for an information pack from them. Its a minefield really. I don't understand money and don't want to either, and you shouldn't have to move the money around all the time to get little bits more interest. Stupid.
Tonight we are having:
Chicken style pasty Quorn,
Little sliced potatoes fried in Fry Light,
Carrots and maybe cabbage.

No comments: