Tuesday 5 October 2010

Bits and Bobs..

One of those days in which a lot of bitty things are done.Did a pile of ironing and got some summer stuff ready to go away till next year. Not that we actually wore a lot of summer gear this year, it was too wet and windy.
VT cleared out a shoe box that we keep in the front room. and I have chucked out some shoes that are too big now. I think my feet have shrunk somewhat. Somewhere a shoe box will get those.He also found a pair of good shoes that I had forgotten about too a nice pair of K Springers that are very comfortable. I tend to wear my Hotter shoes these days which I do love, not heels, I don't do high heels. God knows how some women walk on those heels these days. I think that some of the shoes at the moment are so ugly too.
VT was looking in the cupboard where we keep the tinned and dried goods and came across a pack of bread mix, so we decided to make a fruit loaf. When I went to look for the dried fruit..it has a sell by date of September 2008.. Didn't think we had had it that long! Just shows you..so we didn't use that. It probably would have been ok, but you just never know. So I found a pack of dried cranberries that were still nice and soft so put them in instead. It has made a nice looking loaf too.
VT is vacuuming the bedroom as I type this. One of the things about having dodgy eyesight is that you don't see dust! i don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. He moved the bedside table away from the wall and there was a terrible shameful amount of dust...mostly cat hairs and fluff. We get an awful lot of cat hairs in the bedroom, Bobby's you can see because she is white, but Rusty is dark so you don't see hers. I just live in blissful ignorance.
Tonight we are having:
Cheesy garlic Kievs
Squashed potatoes,
Mixed vegetables with asparagus,
Hollandaise sauce and mushrooms.

No comments: