Wednesday 27 October 2010

Nice day today so...

We got up reasonably and took ourselves over to Ormskirk. Lovely journey, the trees are looking really nice now, still the gorgeous colours of Autumn and not yet leaving the branches too bare. Would be nice in the Lake District at the moment i think. I remember the days when we used to go up there for a day trip, the traffic nowadays would make that difficult though which is a shame. We used to go all over in our courting days, Wales, Yorkshire etc., and the traffic wasn't a problem then. Now it takes about forty minutes just to get through the Mersey Tunnel to the other side. The Cheshire Oaks is quite a trip these days. Maybe next week, when the kids are back. You certainly notice when they are off, Ormskirk was really busy, and it wasn't market day either.
Went to my usual haunts, and VT went to his then we met up for coffee. Trouble is, our little cafe has installed a new television on the wall, and it was blasting out Prime Ministers Question Time. Never realised just how strident david cameron's voice is, and it isn't really what you want to listen to when you are trying to have a nice cup of coffee.
Went from there to Holland and Barratt wherre there was anoffer..buy one get one half price..BUT...VT clever little shoipper that he is noticed that it was the cheaper item that you got half price. So..if you buy two packs of fishless fingers and two pepperoni style sausages at 89p each you would get them half price. So he toddles off to buy the fishless fingers and I get the sausages later. Clever..save more money that way. Do Holland and Barratt get the better of VT..no they don't.
Jane rang up last night. She had her Appraisal yesterday which she wasn't looking forward to. She was expecting to be put onto the next stage because of the time she has had off, but she argued her case and in the event was left on the same stage. So she was quite chuffed. VT was saying last night that she had been a good employee, even in all the snow in january she got herself in to work when dozens of others didn't bother. It's all in his diary..which he keeps every day.
I am really proud of Jane, she is a grafter, never been without a job and done all sorts of work. I hope this access course for the science is good, and she gets good grades, then she can go on to do her radiology. If the Theology wasn't 5right for her, then I think she will do well at this. Good for her anyway..
Tonight we are having:
Pasta with asparagus and mixed green vegetables.
Spinach and Ricotta sauce
A bit of parmesan and a bit of garlic bread.

1 comment:

A Dagenham Girl said...

Hi Jenny

Glad to read that Jane got through her appraisal - we get them too every year (not an experience I enjoy). As Maureen Lipman use to say in the old BT advert 'Jane's doing an ology' lol just that she gone from one ology to another.. I've got my graduation day next Monday and quite proud that at 48 I've got my first degree - BA (HONS)Pastoral Care with Psychology and next Sept (2011) I hope to start my Masters in Pastoral Theology.
Glad you had a good day today - we started with rain but then it brighten up.
Thank you for your kind comments about my family etc.. that's why I decided to call my blog 'Precious Moments' because, I suppose as you get older and in my line of ministry, you value the moments more and I certainly want to make the most of my moments with family and friends.
Take care, Judith